Monday, June 22, 2009

A Fun Week…and I really mean that!

Last week I took a more relaxed easy approach with Blu. I’ve been reading about Charlotte Mason and how naturally learning comes to kids. So while we did read, build with Duplos (a daily activity), do puzzles, paint, and more, we really:

Learned about Gravity:

61609 050

Learned about flowers and fish:

61609 01961609 03761609 036 61609 024

We learned about Gravity some more:

61609 053

Made beautiful music (with My aunt and his Great Aunt, and my Grandma and his Great Grandma)

61609 005

61609 006

We picked a leaf to start his nature journal, and pressed it between some library books, because well they were sitting in the car that day and I needed someplace to put it!

61609 077

And we apparently learned to help ourselves, and run away and deny it when Mommy comes. 61609 062

And most importantly we had the best week yet! His vocabulary grew more this week then any other so far. He tries to sing a song that his therapist taught him (he has a speech delay) and we had fun. Good ol’ old fashioned fun!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Great post.I am a firm believer in hands-on, discovery learning. My post this week also focuses on learning through interaction with the environment.

Also, such good news about Blu's vocabulary. My little one also struggled with speech delay (due to temporary hearing loss) and really seemed to pick up steam when the vocabulary was words that were part of his daily environment.

Many blessings to you this next week,
Valerie

jd6405 said...

Looks like a great, fun week!!! Would you care to share the song his speech path taught him?

Raising a Happy Child said...

Yay for speech improvements. EI can do great things for little ones. It looks like a very fun week.