Monday, August 10, 2009

Cars! Muffin Tin

My Muffin Tin today is not very up to par, in my mind anyway. I’ve been so excited about this theme, because cars are easily Blu’s favorite thing. But when it came time today to actually make it, I had a migraine. We’d had a late breakfast, but I knew Blu needed something before he rested. So I ended up with:

81009mtm 002

The box is a mix of raisins, cranberries, and pomegranate chips. And is something we’d never usually eat, but I got it as a special treat for this week.

The car is a light sandwich, just some butter (homemade by accident) with cinnamon and sugar inside. Then toothpick axles, and mini marshmallow wheels. A large marshmallow cut in half would have been better.  I thought I did a good job, especially for cutting it out by hand with a migraine, but Blu thought it was a bed! So maybe not?

Then some Banana wheels. Or “ma’ama wheel!”

No recipe this week, but I’m hoping to start doing a recipe every Friday. Because with my 100+ cookbooks, I have years worth to share!

2 comments:

Misty said...

that's a really cute idea for a sandwich. will remember that for our car week, which i'm sure is coming.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I have to ask how you make butter by accident??? lol! Cute tin and I am sorry about your headache. I have migraines. My chiropractor was really able to help me with mine. Maybe something to look into? Hope you feel better by now!

Val