Monday, August 3, 2009

Let’s Party!

Today’s Muffin Tin theme was Party/Celebration, and I tried to make it super special. Since my birthday was last week we still have birthday cake around, and I also made some little party picks.  I just took a paper punch to cut squares out of some scrapbook paper, and then glued them to toothpicks.

80209 025 Please excuse the paint on the table.

Today Tin had:

Pizza Rolls - We NEVER eat these, so this was a special treat

Deviled Egg

Chunk of Birthday Cake

Strawberries chopped up and skewered.

A Popcorn ball- This recipe turned out horrible!

And some cheese cubes.

Then I made a special recipe, Everyday Punch, and garnished his cup with some grapes.

I can’t wait until my house is cleaner, and I set up a little photo staging area. It drives me crazy how messy the background always is!

80209 030

Let me share my Everyday Punch recipe with you.

You need one liter of carbonated, flavored water. Usually around 89 cents a bottle.

one packet of unsweetened kool aid

1/2 cup or so of sugar.

Dump the Kool Aid in a 2 qt pitcher, then fill about halfway with water, and stir.

Add the carbonated water.

Taste and add sugar as needed. I usually use 1/2 cup, BUT there are some flavors that need only 1/4 cup, or 3/4 cup. So if you sweeten it first it might be to sweet. You can also pour the carbonated water into the pitcher first, then finish filling with regular water, but it makes it less bubbly. When you do the carbonated water second it is much more fizzy.

Hope you enjoyed our Muffin Tin!

7 comments:

BranFlakes said...

looks like a fun lunch!

Susana said...

Your tin is adorable and yummy too! Thanks for sharing another great recipe--you should link it up:-)!!

I love how you always share recipes for what you guys make!

Sherry said...

looks great, I love the party picks!

Mandie said...

Great idea for the picks!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Perfectly cute party tin! Love the circle tin because it always seems like you can spin it around and choose whatever you want to munch on.

Julie said...

That looks great, the little flags were a good idea! Thanks for the punch recipe, I know my kiddos will go for that. :)

Orange Juice said...

I totally love the concept of MTM but I am not cool enough to get it together like that.
You did a great job! SO CUTE!