Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Homemaker

I just stumbled upon this, Happy Homemaker Monday, in my blog reader (a blog I follow poster hers) and I wanted to try it too.  For one maybe it will help me get over this tough hump we’re on.

The weather in my neck of the woods:

I haven’t been outside yet, but on the phone my hubby said it’s beautiful!! Tomorrow is supposed to be coollllddddddd.


One of my simple pleasures:

Coffee, hot cocoa, hot tea, well any hot drink apparently, and a magazine, curled up in my chair

On my bedside table:

More books then I care to count, on more subjects then I could easily mention

On my TV:

Physically on the screen? I barely watch it. On top of it stacked up? craft stuff!

On the menu for tonight:

Breaded chicken, chipotle cheddar potatoes, and some veggie. The potatoes are out of a box, we’re  trying to refrain from grocery shopping this pay period to clear out the pantry. Then it’ll also save some money for healthy food, and a trip to the bulk food store, next pay period.

On my To Do List:

SLEEEPPPPPPP! We had a very rough night with Blu, just his general sleep issues, and I got about 4 hours, maybe, last night.

Also I have to pick up a friend from the airport. Not for a visit, she’s coming home from a retreat. I’m scared. I’ve never driven to an airport before, and have only even been to two.

New Recipe I tried last week:

Last week, none. We’re emptying  our pantry so we’ve been eating all that stuff.  The week before though I did tons of new recipes!


In the craft basket:

Well I have a quilt I’m working on, two actually. No wait, three. I started an afghan last week, it’s Fall I can’t resist! And I have a cross stitch sampler in a bag in progress. AND I am slowly working on a doily with a tinnnyyyyyy hook from a vintage pattern.

Looking forward to:

A nap. :)


Homemaking Tip for this week:

Something as simple as tearing down ugly wallpaper can make a HUGE difference in your house. We had this horrid stuff in the bathroom. We’ve been waiting to mess with it until we could paint and everything, but I bought new towels and everything to spruce it up. Tore down the wallpaper, and even with the ugly shabby walls it looks SO much better and brighter! So don’t wait until you can fully tackle a project to change things. I remember when I first tore off a piece of that paper (I’ve been tearing a chunk off every time I’ve been in the bathroom for ages) and just that one piece removed made the tiny room look brighter.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):

Favorite photo from last week:

Blu and his bears lined up to help cook.

92509 008

 

Lesson learned the past few days:

I’m still learning. LOL Mostly it’s how to deal with Blu, and it’s a daily struggle.



On my Prayer List:

An old friend of mine had knee surgery.

My sanity, having the patience to deal with Blu

Blu’s speech



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

I don’t have any right now.

 

And I need to learn how to do smaller line breaks in this blog editor, this looks terrible!!!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hot cocoa and curled up with a magazine/book sounds heavenly right now!