Thursday, February 4, 2010

Garlands… My Decor of Choice

Whatever the holiday may be I do like to decorate, but who has the time to decorate top to bottom for every single holiday of the year. And more importantly WHO has the SPACE to store all that stuff??? Not me! But I manage to decorate for most semi-major holidays with one simple solution, Garlands! I’m slowly building a stash for various holidays, and can keep several in just one little show box! Here’s my Valentine’s Ones:

2310 008

The big one. This is handmade and about 12 to 15 feet long. I crocheted a ton of little hearts in all sorts of pink, red, and white yarns, then do a crochet chain to hook them all together. Here’s a more detailed shot.

2310 009It stretches across the wall of our entire living room!

This year to add to my Valentine’s Day collection I made these:

2310 0012310 004To make these I printed these adorable Valentine’s cards from Pepto Girl   then cut them out, strung them on yarn semi-sparkly yarn and hide them in Hubby’s closet and hung one above Blu’s dresser.

2310 003

 

I’ve decided that garlands are easily my go to decor item. And shhhhh don’t tell, but my Thanksgiving one is still hanging in my Dining Room!

Do you have a go-to decor item? I’d love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Peptogirl said...

Super-cute! I never would have thought of making a garland but I love it. Great job! I'm really into holiday/ seasonal garlands now too.