Friday, May 14, 2010

Brown and Green Sandwich

Not the most appealing name, but I can’t think of anything good to call it. Please forgive the messy plate, I didn’t originally intend to blog it, but the first half was SO yummy I wanted to share!

VEGFOOD 008

First toast an everything bagel, or regular toast, or whatever.It would even be good on a wrap.

Spread a good hummus on the bottom of the bagel. I make my hummus from scratch, with garbanzos I cook from dry.  Every taster so far says it’s the best. Stay tuned for a recipe.

Top the hummus with lettuce. Top the lettuce with veggie turkey slices, or if you eat meat regular turkey. :)

Top the turkey with avocado slices.

On the top of the bagel put some Miracle Whip, and Dijon mustard.

And there you have it, layers of brown and green that make a fabulous sandwich!

No comments: